Name: Dmitry M. Grodzinsky, Prof., Dr.
Date and Place of Birth:
5 August, 1929.
Belaya Tzerkov, Kiev District, Ukraine
Married, two children.
- May 1947 - Graduated from School
- April 1952 - Graduated from Faculty of Agronomy at Belaya Tzerkov
- June 1954 - Graduated from Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics at the Moscow State University
- December 1955 - Candidate of Sciences, Kiev, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Botany
- December 1964 - Doctor of Sciences, Kiev, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- July 1965 - Professor, Kiev, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- March 1974 - Associate Member of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- May 1990 - Full Member of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
Brief Chronology of Employment:
- 1952-1955 - Postgraduate Student, Institute of Plant Physiology of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- 1955-1957 - Scientific fellow, Institute of Plant Physiology of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- 1957-1962 - Senior Scientific fellow, Institute of Plant Physiology of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- 1962-1963 - Expert of FAO of the UN in Yugoslavia
- 1963-1974 - Head of the Department of Biophysics and Radiobiology at the Institute of Plant Physiology of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- 1974-1985 - Director of the Institute of Plant Physiology of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- 1991-1997 - Head of the Chair of Radiobiology at the Kiev State University
- 1985-date - Head of the Department of Biophysics and Radiobiology of the Institute of Cell Biology and Genetic Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Honours and other special Scientific Recognition:
- 1987 - Member of the International Council for Scientific Development, International Academy of Sciences
- 1989 - Editor-in-Chief of the Scientific Magazine "Radiobiology" (Academy of Sciences of the USSR)
- 1991 - date Head of the National Commission on Radiological Protection at The Supreme Council of Ukraine
- 1994 - Soros Professor
- 1997 - Soros Professor
- 1954 - 1962 Kiev State University
Courses: Tracer elements in Plant Physiology and Biochemistry
Mathematical modelling of physiological processes in plants
- 1962 - 1963 Yugoslavia, Novi Sad State University
Course: Plant physiology
- 1963 - 1978 Kiev State University
- 1979 - 1986 Kiev State University
- 1986 - date National Kiev University Tarasa Shevchenko
Courses: General Radiobiology
Reliability of biological systems
Mechanisms of Reparation in Cells
- 1993 - date University "Kiev-Mohilayanskaya Academia"
Course: Homeostasis in Biological Systems
Ukraine, 252127, Vasilkovskaya street, 31/17 Kiev
Tel. +(380 44) 2636167, +(380 44) 2352360, +(380 44) 2614036 (home)
fax. +(380 44) 2671050
About 600 scientific papers and 18 monographs.
The main monographs are:
- "Естественная радиоактивность растений и почв"
(Natural Radioactivity of Plants and Soils). -Киев: Наукова думка, 1965.-216 с.
- "Защита растений от лучевого поражения" (Protection of Plants against Radiation
Injury). -Москва: Атомиздат, 1973, -232 с. (coauthor Gudkow I.N.)
- "Plant Biophysics" (Translated from Russian), 1976, Keter Publishing House,
Jerusalem, -236 P.
- "Надежность растительных систем" (Reliability of Plant Systems). -Киев:
Наукова думка, 1983. -367 с.
- "Радиобиология растений" (Plant Radiobiology). - Киев: Наукова думка,
1989. -380 с.
- "Антропогенная радионуклидная аномалия и растения" (Anthropogenic Radionuclide
Anomaly and Plants). -Киев: Лыбедь, 1991. -157 с. (Editor)
- “Радіобіологія” (Radiobiology (Textbook for Universities)). -Київ, 2000. -448 с.